Welcome to Course #205 Advanced Strategies for Sustainable Design
This course provides advanced knowledge of sustainable design and how to apply strategies to produce measurable results. The course explores practical applications of sustainable building concepts relating to site design, water efficiency, energy efficiency, and indoor air quality. The course also provides an introduction to typical software applications that often accompany sustainable design, related to energy, water, acoustics, daylighting, and other considerations. The course contains some practical solutions for performing design iterations to produce the desired performance objectives and prepares students to engage in the sustainable design process and collaborate with experts to produce the desired outcome. The course will provide an overview of sustainable design industry tools and resources available to support improved indoor air quality and ventilation in building design in light of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Gain knowledge and background of various green building strategies and rating systems such as the Living Building Challenge, LEED, WELL, SITES, and other tools used in the industry.
- Understand considerations for the future of green building strategies, rating systems and technology.
- Identify opportunities to apply sustainable building strategies to projects.
- Explore how to lead an integrated design charrette and strategies to engage technical consultant to improve the design process
- Apply advanced strategies regarding plans, specs, permitting, documentation, inspection, and addressing any local enforcement.
- Gain robust knowledge related to green building and sustainability industry standards, codes, rating systems, industry tools, and integrated strategies for design teams.
- Learn about best practices in sustainable design to support improved indoor air quality and ventilation in building design in light of the COVID-19 epidemic.