Course Description and Course Goals
This course prepares the student to successfully take the LEED Green Associate exam through a full-length practice exam and answer key.
- Head Instructor: Melanie Jacobson
- Course Delivery Instructor: Leila De Silva
- Duration: approx. 7 hours to complete
- Deadlines: No hard deadlines; course is flexible.
- Available in: English (Closed Captioning available)
This course includes:
- 2 hours and 54 mins of on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- 1 quiz exercise and 1 practice exam
- 5 readings and assignments
- 1 Certificate of Completion
- Understand the LEED Green Associate exam layout.
- Identify best practices when studying for the LEED Green Associate exam.
- Successfully take a practice exam in preparation for the real LEED exam.
- Take a full-length, timed practice exam created by ID360 Academy to simulate the real LEED Green Associate exam.
- Practice recalling relevant information in a limited time frame.
- Make post-exam corrections and recognize and learn from errors to prepare for the real LEED Green Associate exam.
Who This Course Is For
- If you are an architect, engineer, contractor, interior designer, developer, design professional, or student looking to further understand green building best practices to differentiate yourself in the market.
- If you work in architectural design, construction, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, or building code compliance and you want to gain more knowledge of green building best practices.
- If you want to learn both the foundational and advanced concepts of green building design and construction, energy and water efficiency, indoor environmental quality, and sustainable design and materials.
- If you want to learn more about the LEED rating system as well as LEED accreditation and certification.
- LEED Overview
- Knowledge Domain
- Integrative Strategies
- Location and Transportation
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Study Plan, Benchmarks and Tips for Success
To successfully complete this course, you will need to do the following:
- Complete 5 readings and 5 assignments.
- Reading materials and assignments are provided immediately after the student completes the course video.
- Course materials are downloadable in Pdfs, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Students do not have to submit their assignments, but they can use the downloadable documents as exam preparatory materials.
- Watch 2 hours and 54 minutes of video.
- Course videos can be sped up or slowed down and closed captioning subtitles are available.
- Course videos are available on-demand.
- Complete 1 quiz and 1 practice exam.
- Students are allowed to use books and notes while taking the quiz and practice exam.
- There are no time limits to complete the quiz or practice exam.
- Students will receive their score immediately upon completion of the quiz and practice exam.
- A basic understanding of design and construction is a plus.
- A Mac or PC computer with access to the internet is required.
- Students will need to register and login to ID360 Academy Platform to access the courses. This is a web-based platform that requires no additional software.
Head Instructor: Melanie Jacobson
Melanie Jacobson is Principal of ID360 LLC and a green building and sustainable design strategy expert for local governments. Melanie works with local jurisdictions to integrate feasible and applicable sustainable design and operational strategies for planning and building departments in support of city council governance. Melanie brings leadership in zero-net energy and zero-net water policy and implementation. Melanie is a versatile leader and innovator. She has a track record of creating measurable results that are both environmentally sound and cost-effective.
Melanie holds a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design from University of California Davis. Melanie is the former Sub-Committee Chair of the Sustainable Materials Technical Committee for the CHPS green building rating system. She is a LEED Accredited Professional and certified as a California Green Building Code Plans Examiner and Inspector through the International Code Council. She is a member of the California Building Energy Consultants (CABEC), the U.S. Green Building Council Northern California Chapter, and the Project Management Institute.
Delivery Course Instructor: Leila De Silva
Ms. DeSilva is a Project Manager with ID360. She is committed to sustainable design and construction and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved on each project. She is skilled at educating others on sustainability concepts and providing superior customer service to our customers. Ms. DeSilva has experience with incorporating green building design concepts into construction documents and supporting architects, engineers and contractors in understanding how to meet a range of environmental standards including CALGreen, CHPS, LEED, T24 Energy Code Compliance, PCBs regulations, and Commissioning requirements. She is certified as a California Green Building Code Plans Examiner and Inspector through the International Code Council.
Ms. DeSilva has received her Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Sustainability from San Diego State University.
Delivery Course Instructor: Riya Sony
Ms. Sony is a Green Building Consultant at ID360. She is committed to sustainable design and construction and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved on each and every project. She is skilled at educating others on sustainability concepts and providing superior service to our customers. As an associate at ID360, she has developed ID360 Academy courses to educate building professionals on sustainable design strategy, codes, rating systems, and team integration. She provided program implementation support for projects in the public and private sectors. She received her Bachelor of Science in Environmental Systems, Earth Science from the University of California, San Diego.
Continuing Education Credit
After completing the course, students will receive a certificate through their ID360 Academy account that can be downloaded and saved, or printed.
After completing each course chapter, students will receive continuing education units (CEUs) for the American Institute of Architects (AIA), International Code Council (ICC), and Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI).
The requirements to redeem CEUs vary per organization:
- Students need to self-report and submit their CEUs to ICC.
- Students will need to login using their ICC account and submit the list of courses they completed with the preferred provider ICC account of ID360 Academy.
- Students need to self-report their CE hours for GBCI.
- Students will need to login using their GBCI accounts and submit the list of courses they completed with ID360 Academy.
- Students will need to provide their AIA number upon registration in ID360 Academy.
- Upon completion of courses, ID360 will do the course reporting of LU|HSW or LU|Elective unit for AIA.
- Students LUs (Learning Units) will appear in their AIA account within a few business days.