ID360 worked with city staff to develop a comprehensive and easy-to-follow compliance program for The Clean Energy Choice Program. The program is for New Buildings and is an energy reach code ordinance that outlines local amendments to the 2019 California Energy Code, Title 24, Chapter 6. For residential construction, the ordinance addresses two energy compliance pathways, the All-Electric Design or the Mixed-Fuel Design. All newly constructed Mixed-Fuel Design buildings must also meet the City’s requirements for Enhanced Building Energy Performance, and, pre-wiring new buildings to be “Retrofit Ready” for the electrification of future systems. This includes readiness for future systems, including, heat pump water heaters, and all-electric stoves. Buildings designed as all-electric, without the presence of natural gas, are exempt from Enhanced Building Energy Performance requirements. New low-rise single-family buildings, including townhomes and duplexes, and new multi-family buildings, are required to demonstrate compliance.
- Compliance program development and start-up of program operations
- City staff and community education and outreach
- Program alignment and compliance with the Climate Action Plan
- Plan check compliance guideline for green building and energy regulation
- Green Carpet Service technical support for the community